Posts tagged group riding lessons
Ok so after all the traveling and a bit of beach time and spectating, it was down to work! Sarah Griffiths and myself helped Karen Pavicic with her horses and it was great to be out and about in Wellington. Karen’s horses are amazing, and Sarah got some great photos.
Anton’s first ride felt a bit creaky after all that traveling, but by the second ride he was feeling back to normal. Karen has been doing very well down here and it is exciting to be at such a wonderful venue. Paul Cross of our sponsor, Greenscene Agritek came down and brought us the HABIT bedding, Anton loves it and I know the horses at home do too!
Echo is a black thoroughbred gelding who was purchased by Crescent Stables in 2009. He stands 16.1hh and has one white sock. He loves cuddles. He loves any type of treat, and he loves to jump, and tolerates a little Dressage!
Echo is being half leased by Sierra who has been working on a fabulous home-made wardrobe for him. He spends his days out in the pasture with his horse buddies Midas, Georgia, and Toby.
We love Echo!
Crescent Stables Horse of the Month
Midas came to us 5 years ago from, where he was a Dressage lesson horse. He has become one of the farm’s favorites and is a great beginner horse for our taller riders, and can still rock the Dressage with more experienced riders.He has been with our lesson program for 5 years.
Midas is wonderful on the lunge and was a great sport for the Equelon spring break equestrian fitness camps. His gentle nature allowed everyone at the camp to focus on improving their balance and straightness while riding. He is always a favorite alongside Angie for the kids to ride in the Crescent summer camp schooling shows too. His willingness to fences makes him popular among some of our hunter/jumper students and he has taught countless riders the basics of dressage. Midas enjoys massages, long walks around our ½ mile track, and apples! Midas is a well-loved part of the Crescent family and we hope to have him with us for many years to come.
Crescent Stables Horse of the Month
At Crescent Stables, we have a large variety of lesson horses, from the giant Harley to the petite Moriah, but Angie is one of our most beloved school horses. She has been with our lesson program, first at Stoneboat Stables and then at Crescent Stables, for about 17 years, and has played teacher to countless riders, young and old. Riding lessons on Angie are always fun!
She has the sweetest nature and helps us care for beginner riders. Before we acquired Angie, she had been a show horse and a parade horse, so she is very safe, and has done countless pony parties for us with children as young as 5. She is always very popular at Spring Break and Summer Camps and has become our horse ambassador at the Pet Expo in both Ladner and Surrey. She has also attended Day at the Farm on Westham Island, where lots of children from Richmond, Vancouver and North Vancouver came to see what a farm is all about. She also enjoys going on beach rides in the summer. Angie is loved by all and we wish to recognize her for her great service to the equestrian community over the years. Hooray for Angie!
Here is a quiz for you…who can tell us Angie’s registered name?
Equelon presents Fitness on the Farm with Carly Arbuthnot – Equelon founder, head trainer, coach and Canadian national team triathlete.
Combine horseback riding with fitness, for all levels of riders
Take your riding to the next level with an intensive riding camp that focuses on fitness. Yoga and stretch classes in the Equelon studio, private lunge lessons focusing on strength building on the horse, customized fitness plan and much more!
Four camps designed to cater to different needs, skills and ages. Camps are limited to four riders, so students get the opportunity to focus on improving specific riding skills and technique.
Come Riding, Get Fit!
- All camps are half day
- Morning camp will be from 9:00am-12:30pm
- Afternoon camp will be from 1:30pm-5:00pm
- Camp cost is $199 per rider, GST included
Young Rider (10 & under)-must be able to walk and trot unassisted
- Daily Yoga or Stretch session in Equelon Studio – Yoga is a powerful physical discipline that offers children, through breath and movement, incredible techniques to relax, release stress, express themselves positively, find strength and balance in their lives.
- Daily 1 hour riding lesson focusing on strength and balance, through riding with no hands or no stirrups. Some private lessons
- Daily bareback, vaulting or trail ride
Camp dates & times: 9:00 am-12:30pm – Week 1 – March 18th-March 22nd
Zen Rider -must be able to walk trot canter unassisted
- Daily yoga or stretch session in Equelon Studio
- Daily practice riding and private intensive lunge lesson focusing on strength
- Learn horse massage, horse first aid, animal nutrition
Camp dates & times: Week 1- March 18th-March 22nd 1:30pm-5:00pm
Boot Camp – must have been jumping for 6 months
- Daily boot camp on the Grand Prix Field -lunges, sprinting, balance ball exercises
- Intensive group riding lessons where riders strength will be challenged.
- Pole work, gymnastics, course jumping. Riders will learn to jump with no reins and no stirrups
- Jumping show last day
Camp dates & times: Week 2 – March 25th– March 29th 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Daily strength training and stretching in the Equelon Studio
- Riders will focus on riding a dressage test throughout the week and will be judged on the last day
- Daily lunge lessons with exercises that improve seat and overall strength on horse
- Learn how to prepare for a dressage show, including braiding, proper show attire and tack cleaning.
Camp dates & times: Week 2 – March 25th – March 29th 1:30pm – 5:00pm
To register please contact the Crescent Stables office by phone or email
For more information about Equelon Fitness please visit www.equelonfitness.com
**Special Offer!!! Every registrant for camp will receive a 2 for 1 private or semi private personal training session OR on horse fitness session**
Crescent Stables can provide childcare before or after camp, at 10.00 an hour, please prebook.