Posts tagged semi private personal training
Charles De Kunffy Clinic A late post about the Charles De Kunffy Clinic held at Crescent Stables. On the Friday of the clinic, Charles carefully explained the principles of dressage and the harmonious way to maximize the abilities of the horse. Over the three days, Mr. De Kunffy was consistent in his message that riding is a responsibility, and that one must develop one’s physical skills alongside the right character traits. In his analysis of what it took to be a good rider and trainer, I noted that they are the exact same mental skills that are needed to compete well, and that we study in the field of sports psychology. Each rider was able to make positive changes in their horse, and was given clear tasks that would continue to advance their riding in future. Mr. De Kunffy was a very interesting guest to take to dinner, and our talks as we commuted to the hotel and to the airport were quite valuable to me as a coach. In addition, Mr. De Kunffy has taken the time to call me to see if there were any questions or feedback from the clinic, and gave me yet more great advice. We are so grateful he took time out of his busy schedule to come to Crescent Stables. Thanks to all our staff and riders who did such a great job getting ready, and our lovely auditors. Sheila’s Catering from White Rock supplied a wonderful lunch as well.
Thanks to Dressage BC, Horse Council of BC and Reiten Right Footings for their support of the clinic.
Crescent Stables Horse of the Month
Midas came to us 5 years ago from, where he was a Dressage lesson horse. He has become one of the farm’s favorites and is a great beginner horse for our taller riders, and can still rock the Dressage with more experienced riders.He has been with our lesson program for 5 years.
Midas is wonderful on the lunge and was a great sport for the Equelon spring break equestrian fitness camps. His gentle nature allowed everyone at the camp to focus on improving their balance and straightness while riding. He is always a favorite alongside Angie for the kids to ride in the Crescent summer camp schooling shows too. His willingness to fences makes him popular among some of our hunter/jumper students and he has taught countless riders the basics of dressage. Midas enjoys massages, long walks around our ½ mile track, and apples! Midas is a well-loved part of the Crescent family and we hope to have him with us for many years to come.
Crescent Stables Horse of the Month
At Crescent Stables, we have a large variety of lesson horses, from the giant Harley to the petite Moriah, but Angie is one of our most beloved school horses. She has been with our lesson program, first at Stoneboat Stables and then at Crescent Stables, for about 17 years, and has played teacher to countless riders, young and old. Riding lessons on Angie are always fun!
She has the sweetest nature and helps us care for beginner riders. Before we acquired Angie, she had been a show horse and a parade horse, so she is very safe, and has done countless pony parties for us with children as young as 5. She is always very popular at Spring Break and Summer Camps and has become our horse ambassador at the Pet Expo in both Ladner and Surrey. She has also attended Day at the Farm on Westham Island, where lots of children from Richmond, Vancouver and North Vancouver came to see what a farm is all about. She also enjoys going on beach rides in the summer. Angie is loved by all and we wish to recognize her for her great service to the equestrian community over the years. Hooray for Angie!
Here is a quiz for you…who can tell us Angie’s registered name?
Equelon presents Fitness on the Farm with Carly Arbuthnot – Equelon founder, head trainer, coach and Canadian national team triathlete.
Combine horseback riding with fitness, for all levels of riders
Take your riding to the next level with an intensive riding camp that focuses on fitness. Yoga and stretch classes in the Equelon studio, private lunge lessons focusing on strength building on the horse, customized fitness plan and much more!
Four camps designed to cater to different needs, skills and ages. Camps are limited to four riders, so students get the opportunity to focus on improving specific riding skills and technique.
Come Riding, Get Fit!
- All camps are half day
- Morning camp will be from 9:00am-12:30pm
- Afternoon camp will be from 1:30pm-5:00pm
- Camp cost is $199 per rider, GST included
Young Rider (10 & under)-must be able to walk and trot unassisted
- Daily Yoga or Stretch session in Equelon Studio – Yoga is a powerful physical discipline that offers children, through breath and movement, incredible techniques to relax, release stress, express themselves positively, find strength and balance in their lives.
- Daily 1 hour riding lesson focusing on strength and balance, through riding with no hands or no stirrups. Some private lessons
- Daily bareback, vaulting or trail ride
Camp dates & times: 9:00 am-12:30pm – Week 1 – March 18th-March 22nd
Zen Rider -must be able to walk trot canter unassisted
- Daily yoga or stretch session in Equelon Studio
- Daily practice riding and private intensive lunge lesson focusing on strength
- Learn horse massage, horse first aid, animal nutrition
Camp dates & times: Week 1- March 18th-March 22nd 1:30pm-5:00pm
Boot Camp – must have been jumping for 6 months
- Daily boot camp on the Grand Prix Field -lunges, sprinting, balance ball exercises
- Intensive group riding lessons where riders strength will be challenged.
- Pole work, gymnastics, course jumping. Riders will learn to jump with no reins and no stirrups
- Jumping show last day
Camp dates & times: Week 2 – March 25th– March 29th 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Daily strength training and stretching in the Equelon Studio
- Riders will focus on riding a dressage test throughout the week and will be judged on the last day
- Daily lunge lessons with exercises that improve seat and overall strength on horse
- Learn how to prepare for a dressage show, including braiding, proper show attire and tack cleaning.
Camp dates & times: Week 2 – March 25th – March 29th 1:30pm – 5:00pm
To register please contact the Crescent Stables office by phone or email
For more information about Equelon Fitness please visit www.equelonfitness.com
**Special Offer!!! Every registrant for camp will receive a 2 for 1 private or semi private personal training session OR on horse fitness session**
Crescent Stables can provide childcare before or after camp, at 10.00 an hour, please prebook.